Skip to main content
Relevant Online Resources
2018 Recommendations for the Conduct, Reporting, Editing, and Publication of Scholarly work in Medical Journals.
Choosing the Best Fit When Publishing in a Journal
- Have you recently written a paper, but you're not sure to which journal you should submit it?
- ust enter the title and/or abstract of the paper in the box, and click on 'Find journals', 'Find authors' or 'Find Articles'.
- Jane will then compare your document to millions of documents in PubMed to find the best matching journals, authors or articles.
Parts of a Scientific Paper
Scientific Writing Guides
Improving Your Scientific Writing
This downloadable resource by Rick Bushman, professor of microbiology at the University of Pennsylvania provides guidelines on editing, as well as specific details for writing research papers, grant applications, and other scientific texts
Evaluating Journals When Publishing
- Click on the ACRL logo above to access ACRL's Evaluating Journals Toolkit
- Provides considerations for determining Journal Quality
- Link to a checklist to support evaluation of Journal Quality
- Links to additional tools and websites that help determine Journal Quality
Grant Writing for Dummies by Serves as a one-stop reference for readers who are new to the grant writing process or who have applied for grants in the past but had difficulties. Contact a librarian to borrow this book.
Call Number: WY 20.5 B885 2008
Publication Date: 2008-12-15