New & Noteworthy...
STHS Medical Library Blog
The HHS Panel on Antiretroviral Guidelines for Adults and Adolescents announces the release of the updated Guidelines for the Use of Antiretroviral Agents in HIV-1-Infected Adults and Adolescents.
Key additions and revisions to the guidelines include:
- Addition of “Cost Considerations and Antiretroviral Therapy,” a new section that discusses strategies to contain costs without compromising treatment effectiveness.
- Changes to recommendations on the frequency of CD4 count monitoring, including a table that outlines the updated recommendations.
- Change in classification of recommendations for initial treatment from “Preferred Regimens” to “Recommended Regimens” to reflect the expanding options for treatment-naive patients.
- Increased emphasis on key principles to follow when switching ARV drugs in the setting of viral suppression.
- A new table listing ARV drug options to consider when switching ARV drugs because of adverse effects.
To view or download the guidelines, go to the Adult and Adolescent ARV Guidelines section of AIDSinfo. Separate PDF files that include only the guideline tables or boxed recommendations can also be downloaded from the page.
The frequency of diagnostic errors in outpatient care: estimations from three large observational studies involving US adult populations BMJ Qual Saf bmjqs-2013-002627Published Online First: 17 April 2014
We hope you find it easy to use and welcome any comments and suggestions. Please submit
any comments or suggestions using this link. Remote access to licensed resources is available via our Athens portal. Visit Quick Links on the site's Home Page for access to Athens registration and to the Athens portal.
Thanks for using Saint Thomas Health Library Services!